The Bryan County School District is a public school district in Bryan County, Georgia, USA, based in Pembroke, Georgia. It serves the communities of Black Creek, Blitchton, Ellabell, Pembroke, Belfast, Keller, and Richmond Hill, Georgia.
The Bryan County School District has five elementary schools, two middle schools, and two high schools.
Bryan County Elementary School
George Washington Carver Elementary School
Lanier Primary School
Richmond Hill Elementary School
Richmond Hill Primary School
Bryan County Middle School
Richmond Hill Middle School
Bryan County High School
Richmond Hill High School
As required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Bryan County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of their operations.
Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator: Bradley Anderson, Assistant Superintendent, 8810 U.S. Highway 280 East, Black Creek, GA 31308
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 The Age Discrimination Act of 1975 The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1999
New Student Registration Information
The following documents are required by the Bryan County Board of Education to complete enrollment for a student:
Immunization record: An adequate and up-to-date immunization record (Form 3231)must be on file. Out-of-state immunization records must be transferred to Georgia Form 3231. Immunizations and forms may be obtained from the Bryan County Health Department, another Georgia Health Department, or from a private physician.
Parents enrolling military children in Bryan County Schools should contact medical personnel at the military base for Georgia health forms.
Eye-Ear-Dental Exam: Georgia Form 3300 must be on file stating that the student has received a screening examination for eye, ear, and dental. The exams and forms may be obtained at the Bryan County Health Department, another Georgia Health Department, or from a private physician. Parents enrolling military children in Bryan County Schools should contact medical personnel at the military base for Georgia health forms.
Proof of Residency: Written proof must be supplied that the parent or legal guardian and student reside fulltime in Bryan County. Acceptable items for documentation are:
House purchase contract (proof residence is occupied), mortgage statement, signed lease, signed rental/lease agreement, signed closing statement, or signed rental receipts. Documentation must have a street address listed; post office box addresses are not acceptable proof of residence.
Proof of Custody: A copy of divorce paperwork or custody paperwork must be provided if the student doesn't live with both biological parents.
Social Security Card: The student's social security card must be provided at the time of enrollment.
Birth Certificate: A copy of the student's birth certificate must be on file at the time of enrollment.
Proof of Grade Level: A student transferring from another school system must furnish a withdrawal form and must also have a report card or other verification of grade placement. High school students must have a transcript. If such a form cannot be presented, the school must be furnished with the phone number and name of the previous school so grade level and withdrawal status can be verified.
Proof of Physical Address: When a cell phone is listed as the home phone number, a bill indicating the appropriate physical address must be provided in addition to other residency information.
NEW IMMUNIZATION RULES FOR CHILDREN ENROLLED IN CHILD CARE FACILITIES (INCLUDES HEAD START AND PREKINDERGARTEN)
**EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2007, ALL CHILDREN ATTENDING CHILD CARE FACILITIES ARE REQUIRED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING NEW VACCINE REQUIREMENTS:
1) If your child is under five (5) years of age, he must have protection againstpneumococcal disease. He will need the Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine (PCV).The number of doses needed will depend on the child's age.
2) If your child was born on or after January 1, 2006 and attends child carefacilities (including Pre-K), he must have two (2) doses of Hepatitis A (Hep A)vaccine or laboratory proof of immunity.
3) Contact your child care facility about your child's Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231) and the expiration date. When the certificate expires, he will be required to meet the new immunization requirements.
4) If your child is currently enrolled in a 4-year-old pre-K program and has acertificate marked as "Complete for School," he may need to obtain the 2nd doses of varicella and mumps vaccines and will need to submit documentation ofmeeting the new requirements on the Georgia Certificate of Immunization uponentry to school (5-year-old kindergarten).
5) Contact your health care professional to receive any needed vaccinations and to obtain a new Certificate of Immunization(Form 3231). Photocopies are accepted.
Immunization Rules for 6th Grade Students
**ALL CHILDREN ENTERING 6TH GRADE (ON OR AFTER July 1, 2007) ARE REQUIRED TO MEET THE FOLLOWING NEW REQUIREMENTS:
1) Have two (2) doses of Measles vaccine, two (2) doses of Mumps vaccine, and one (1) dose of Rubella vaccine or laboratory proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps or Rubella.
2) Have two (2) doses of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine or documentation of disease or laboratory proof of immunity. At the time your child entered school only one (1) dose of this vaccine was required.
3) Contact your health care provider to receive any needed vaccinations and to obtain the Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231).
**VACCINATE YOUR CHILDREN EARLY AND BEAT THE BACK TO SCHOOL RUSH!
8810 Hwy 280, Black Creek, GA 31308 | Office Hours - Monday - Friday - 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM | Phone - 912-851-4000, Fax - 912-851-4093 |